Subject: New Audiofile Packages -- Heads-Up
From: Dave Yearke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:38:15 -0400

This isn't really a bug report, more of a heads-up, on the new audiofile
packages released on June 16.

The main package has the same name as a corresponding CyGNOME package,
and apparently causes the CyGNOME version to be de-installed first, as
it has a older version number. This causes the file
"/opt/gnome/bin/cygaudiofile.dll" to get deleted, which in turn causes
all sorts of problems with various GNOME packages that load it (even
things like gnome-terminal do not work after this).

The quick fix is to extract "opt/gnome/bin/cygaudiofile.dll" from
CyGNOME's audiofile package, and put it back where it belongs. FYI, the
package files that seem to conflict are:

audiofile-0.2.3-9.tar.bz2   -- CyGNOME version
audiofile-0.2.6-1.tar.bz2   -- Cygwin version

Again, this isn't really a bug report, just an alert to a potential
problem for some users, mostly those who use CyGNOME (FYI, the
corresponding CyGNOME2 package is named "audiofile0", so this conflict
won't happen for CyGNOME2 users). I'm going to do some clean installs of
Cygwin/CyGNOME this weekend to see if there are any better workarounds.

-- 
                      Dave Yearke, [email-masked]
                 "No good deed goes unpunished" -- Oscar Wilde

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/