Subject: Cygwin 1.5.10: Possible bug
From: Dave Neary <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:04:56 +0200

Hi all,

I have come across a problem with cygwin (I think) which prevents it 
from being used to compile JNI bindings.

If I link any code to cygwin, and then try to load the resulting dll 
with System.loadLibrary, the JVM "gets stuck" and goes to 100% activity. 
Eventually, I kill it.

Previously, with 1.5.4, I had been able to do this OK, but when the 
resulting DLL was loaded in an applet (rather than directly into an 
application), I got a security exception (basically, a seg fault) in a 
call to getservbyname() (which was called with constant string arguments).

I have a simple test-case (a couple of java files, a couple of C files 
and a header, as well as an ant build-file and a html file for the 
applet) which can be used to reproduce the problem with Sun's 1.4.2 SDK. 
I haven't tested it with others.

Cheers,
Dave.

-- 
David Neary
Phenix Engineering
110 ave Jean Jaures, 69007 Lyon 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/