Subject: Re: gnucash and cygwin
From: [email-masked] (Linas Vepstas)
To: Rohan Shah <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:14:04 -0500

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 07:07:29PM -0400, Rohan Shah was heard to remark:
> I'm trying to configure gnucash for cygwin. I get the following error 
> even though I have glib installed (I installed it using setup.exe 
> (GNOME2->glib version 2.2.1-2):
> 
> checking for GLIB - version >= 0.99.7... no

its looking for glib.pc (in my case its at /usr/lib/pkgconfig/glib.pc)

> sucessfully installed gnucash on cygwin? thanks in advance,

I can't figure out how to say this without a tone of voice that sounds
snooty, but ... why bother? Cygwin is ugly and sinful, it would be so
much easier for you to switch lock stock & barrel to linux, than to 
try to force windows to do things microsoft doesn't want it to do ... 

--linas

-- 
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <[email-masked]>
PGP Key fingerprint = 8305 2521 6000 0B5E 8984  3F54 64A9 9A82 0104 5933

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/