Subject: Re: Latest setup causes crash on winxp pro
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:19:32 +1000

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 14:42, Michael D. Stemle, Jr. wrote:
> I downloaded the latest setup.exe from the cygwin.com and it crashed
> when I ran it.  Windows stuff says AppName: setup.exe offset: 000df270.
> Attached is a copy of the executable and a copy of the appcompat.txt
> file both in a tarball.
> 
> Please note that my machine has no drive named "C", but instead my
> primary drive is lettered "F".  Please also note that the setup.exe.old
> file I got off of one of the mirrors is working just fine and I am
> installing Cygwin from that one as I write this message.  Thanks!

More information is needed for me to be able to assist you:

what version numbers show in the "latest" and "old" version you refer
to?
How far in does the crashing one go before it crashes?

I don't think that C/F has anything to do with it - my primary windows
machine has its primary stuff on D... although it's a possibility I
suppose.

Rob
-- 
GPG key available at: <http://www.robertcollins.net/keys.txt>.