Subject: RE: Ctrl-Z fails to suspend Windows programs
From: "Dave Korn" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Peter A. Castro'" <[email-masked]>, "'John Cooper'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:45:02 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Peter A. Castro
> Sent: 17 June 2004 21:13
> To: John Cooper
> Cc: cygwin
> Subject: RE: Ctrl-Z fails to suspend Windows programs

> Anyway, can you point me to where you got this code example?  

>   [win32sdk]
> > ID: Q90493     

  I have a suspicion that this (and similar) code samples should probably
not be posted to this list; can everyone please snip their quotes of it.  It
looks a bit copyright to me.  So I googled the q number.  Found it in a
couple of places.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;90493

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.3/tcsh-44/tcsh/win32/globals
.c

  Oh dear.  Word-for-word copying of M$ proprietary source into an open
source project?  TCSH-L added.  I dunno what the status is of SDK source
code examples but it's certainly M$ copyright; someone should look at the
licensing terms.

http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/astaff/project/aui/src/third/mc/pc/util_win32.
c

  There's a different way of doing it, just frex.  Opening a file and
reading a few bytes out of a couple of structs is something that can be done
in standard posix C without even breaking a sweat.

    cheers, 
      DaveK
-- 
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/