Subject: Re: cygwin autoconf question
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Chris W <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:44:44 +0200

Chris wrote:

> I am trying to build a GTK app in windows, I think this is the last 
> error I need to track down. When I run autogen.sh that is created by 
> glade for windows I get this error.

> Please add the files
>   codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
>   progtest.m4
> from the /target/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
> or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
> You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

> where is the autoconf macro directory?

/usr/autotool/devel/....
but it should be included automatically iff you have it installed, you
need the automake-devel, autoconf-devel and libtool-devel packages and
the wrapper.  Just install all packages where automake, autoconf and
libtool is included in the name.

Then try `autoreconf --install --verbose --force` or modify autogen.sh
so the correct paths are used. 

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/