Subject: rexecd: connection reset by peer
From: John Hardin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:20:27 -0700

All (esp. Corinna and Larry Hall):

I have inetutils installed, inetd set up as a service, and rexec is
enabled.

It "works", but there's a problem:

  me@linuxbox$ rexec cygbox pwd
  Password:
  /home/me
  rexec: Error in read from remote host: Connection reset by peer
  me@linuxbox$

I've been doing some searching in the mailing list to see if this is a
known problem, and have seen a few mentions of connection resets in
reference to inet services, but no clear resolution.

This behavior is breaking our application because, even though the reset
occurs after the command output completes, the reset does still occur
and is trapped as an error. Our application developer is seeing whether
we can work around this.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why the connection reset is occurring, and
what can be done to keep it from happening when the rexecd process exits
properly?

Thanks!

Versions:
	cygwin               1.5.10-3
	cygrunsrv            1.0-1
	inetutils            1.3.2-28
	Windows XP Professional Ver 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ                           <[email-masked]>
Internal Systems Administrator                    voice: (425) 672-1304
Apropos Retail Management Systems, Inc.             fax: (425) 672-0192
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  ...the Fates notice those who buy chainsaws...
                                             -- www.darwinawards.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 29 days until Apropos Forum 2004

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/