Subject: Ctrl-Z fails to suspend Windows programs
From: John Cooper <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: John Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:58:16 +0100

[Using bash 2.05b-16 or zsh 4.2.0-2, with cygwin 1.5.10-3 on WinXP]

If I run a Windows program from bash, such as notepad.exe, and then press the
suspend character (^Z, according to `stty'), nothing happens.  In fact, after
typing ^Z, ^C also fails to work, although ^C works fine if I don't first type
^Z.

^Z seems to successfully interrupt cygwin programs, e.g., if I type `ls
/c/windows/sytem32', ^Z suspends this as expected.

Is it a known limitation that "native" Windows programs cannot be suspended?
(I've searched the FAQ and mla to no avail.)

The problem happens when using cygwin bash or zsh, from either a command prompt
or rxvt window, with or without CYGWIN set to tty.

Thanks,

    --- John

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/