Subject: Re: installing cygwin on private lan
From: Joshua Daniel Franklin <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:51:42 -0700

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 06:29:38 +0000, wrote:
> So is there a Linux version of setup.exe and if not, how do I populate
> the Linux filesystem from which the DOS box will install Cygwin?

What you want is your own Cygwin package server, so that you can run
setup.exe on your Windows (I assume that's what you really mean by
DOS) machine:

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/package-server.html

Note that setup.exe tries to "call home" to cygwin.com to get the
latest setup.ini (or setup.bz2 actually), so I'd recommend setting
your Windows box's /etc/hosts file to pretend your Linux box is
cygwin.com.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/