Subject: Re: Annoucement: GCC-3.4.0 binary release candidat
From: Tim Prince <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>, "Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 04:34:35 -0700

At 02:51 AM 6/14/2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>Hi David,
>
> >> I'm more curious to know how others managed to build gfortran of 3.5.
> >>
> >> Tim Prince
>
> > I am trying to get my mainline gcc builds restarted.  I managed a build
> > overnight, including gfortran.  I am unaware of any magic.
>
>Interesting, should I include gfortran into the distribution?  What do
>you think?
>
>I was able to build the whole GCC suite including Pascal, Modula 2, D
>and also Java without problems now, after I downgraded to  cygwin-1.5.9.
>Which version of cygwin did you use to build Java?  I'm asking since
>the Java build fails for me with cygwin-1.5.10-3 and one newer snapshot I
>tried.
I have done all the Java builds with cygwin-1.5.9.  The internal errors 
which g++-3.4.1 was throwing in libgcj have been corrected.
I started over fresh with the new snapshot of gcc-3.5.0 yesterday, and it 
still refuses to configure gfortran.  Personally, I am much more interested 
in gfortran than in java, so I would be happy if you could put it in the 
distribution.  I would expect some demand for continued availability of 
g77, at least up to the time when gfortran becomes the supported gnu release.

Thanks.

Tim Prince 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/