Subject: Re: Can run.exe be packaged separately from X?
From: Volker Quetschke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: David Mastronarde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:13:46 -0400

Hi!

> I recently discovered the great advantages of rxvt and then found that the
> run program is useful for running it from an icon.
Maybe I miss something, but you don't need run to start rxvt from an
icon. This is what I did:

Create a shortcut on your desktop with:

Target:
C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -cr green -sl 1000 -tn xterm -e /usr/bin/bash 
--login -i

Start in:
C:\cygwin\bin

Thats it. (You don't have to use the -cr -sl and -tn switches, but I
like it that way ;) )

Volker

-- 
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D