Subject: binutil equivalent to /DRIVER
From: "Craig Edwards" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:59:37 +1000

I am trying to compile an existing application (openXDK -  
http://openxdk.sourceforge.net) using GCC (as opposed to its current  
requirement of Visual C++).  I have got compilation working, but run into  
trouble when I try to link.

The file that is produced by the existing mechanism is a kernel mode exe  
(by passing the /DRIVER flag to Microsoft's link.exe).  I can't seem to  
find an appropriate gcc/ld flag to do the same thing - in fact, my  
searching of the web leads me to believe it may not be possible.  Any  
thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.  Many thanks.

BTW, I am using Cygwin GCC 3.3.1 under Windows 2000.

--
Craig Edwards

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/