Subject: Re: Error message from antiword since upgrade to cygwin 1.5.10
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Igor Pechtchanski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:15:29 +0200

Hi Igor,

> The line '0x00 0x0000 # NULL' (with or without whitespace between '#' and
> 'NULL') appears in most of the mapping files (except roman.txt,
> MacRoman.txt, and UTF-8.txt), not just cp125[012].txt -- just "grep NULL
> *.txt".  It doesn't seem to make much difference, but the three files you
> listed above are in DOS (CRLF) format, roman.txt is in Mac (CR) format,
> and the rest are in Unix (LF) format.

> The error above can be reproduced by running "antiword -m <filename>",
> where <filename> is a mapping file.  FWIW, "antiword -m roman.txt"
> produces gobs of errors.  IIUC, the '#' should start a comment, so
> whitespace differences after '#' shouldn't matter.

The file roman.txt should only be needed for Mac systems where it hould
work.  Cygwin sees here no linebreaks at all.

> Incidentally, it used to be possible to specify the mapping file name
> without the .txt at the end (e.g., "antiword -m cp1251").  It now seems
> necessary to add the ".txt" to the filename.

At least with cygwin 1.5.9 it seems that this is not possible:
  I can't open your mapping file (koi8-u)

Seeing the relevant code it was never possible, however, I'm learning C
right now and I patched the options.c file to enable this, I hope it
works.

Everything works ok with cygwin-1.5.9.  I'll try to recompile with
1.5.10 later, maybe that helps...

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/