Subject: Re: invalid mounts after inst of cygwin1.5.10.3
From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Hans Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 12:39:42 -0400

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 08:40:30AM -0700, Hans Horn wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
> 
> yup, you are right again: there was a trailing backslash in my cygwin root.
> But that had been there since my first cygwin days (fall 2001).
> Has there been a change in behavour between cygwin 1.5.10.x and earlier
> versions?

Good question, Hans. I tracked it down. Cygwin passes the path with the
two \\ to the native OS both in 1.5.9 and 1.5.10. The difference is that,
on NT, 1.5.10 calls NtCreateFile instead of [Windows]CreateFile.
NtCreateFile is stricter.

> This tiny little backslash caused my a couple of days grief!
Sorry about that. That's what you get for not sticking to old reliable
Win98 or ME, like me. They helpfully take care of the tiny extra \. 
But you will eventually make it up, thanks to the increased execution
speed :)

Pierre

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/