Subject: Re: Missing dll's during setup: cygiconv-2, cygpopt
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Richard Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 03:01:16 +1000

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 02:53, Richard Lawrence wrote:
> Hi,
...
> I've come to the conclusion that either I'm doing something very wrong 
> (which, if that is the case, it's not clear on what I should be doing) or 
> that setup.exe is broken when you try to install cygwin in this method. 
> From an uneducated guess the local download is not actually downloading 
> all the files it should.

You are either:
a) using an old setup.exe (there was a bug that caused similar
behaviour) or
b) have not downloaded *all* the files. Note that when cygwin is already
installed, you need to use 'reinstall' in download mode to get all the
files required. There are cygwin mirror scripts around for creating a
mirror to install from..

Rob
-- 
GPG key available at: <http://www.robertcollins.net/keys.txt>.