Subject: Re: gcc inst hosed after upgrading to cygwin 1.5.10x
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Hans Horn" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 18:20:37 +0200

Hans wrote:

> Gerrit,

>> What was the command you issued to g++?

> gcc -c -ansi -DGCC3X -DINLINE=inline -Wall -fomit-frame-pointer \
> -Wno-deprecated -Wunused-macros -Wno-unused-function -DLINUX \
> -mno-cygwin -finline-limit=10000 -ffast-math -march=athlon-tbird -g
> -I./ -I../msc_src -o stuff.o stuff.cpp 
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory
> make: *** [stuff.o] Error 1

If you use the -mno-cygwin switch you'll need the gcc-mingw-g++ and
dependencies too.  Reinstall the gcc-mingw-xyz packages.

> Looking in th eplace where cc1plus is supposed to be : it's there!

> (hans@HANNES)/C:...//lib> ls -lR /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin

Look in ls -lR /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-mingw32

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/