Subject: Re: gcc inst hosed after upgrading to cygwin 1.5.10x
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Hans Horn" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:28:48 +0200

Hans wrote:

> here you go...
> "Brian Ford" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
> news:[email-masked]...
>> On Thu, 27 May 2004, Hans Horn wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> after I had an upgrade orgy to cygwin 1.5.10.x, my gcc installation got
>>> hosed. in particular: gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus':
>>> No such file or directory

What was the command you issued to g++?

>>> completely uninstalling and then re-installing all gcc related stuff
>>> doesn't help! Any clues / advice?

It should be in:

$ ls -l /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.1/
total 23656
drwxrwxrwx+   2 gerrit   Domänen-   167936 Oct 31  2003 adainclude/
drwxrwxrwx+   2 gerrit   Domänen-    86016 Oct 31  2003 adalib/
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????  2991831 Oct 25  2003 cc1.exe*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????  3054295 Oct 25  2003 cc1obj.exe*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????  3523287 Oct 25  2003 cc1plus.exe*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????    90043 Oct 25  2003 collect2.exe*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????      412 Oct 25  2003 crtbegin.o*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????      492 Oct 25  2003 crtend.o*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????  3339090 Oct 25  2003 f771.exe*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????  4696244 Oct 25  2003 gnat1.exe*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????  3076047 Oct 25  2003 gpc1.exe*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????    65872 Oct 25  2003 gpcpp.exe*
drwxrwxrwx+   4 gerrit   Domänen-     4096 Oct 31  2003 include/
drwxrwxrwx+   3 gerrit   Domänen-        0 Oct 31  2003 install-tools/
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????  2999030 Oct 25  2003 jc1.exe*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????    12873 Oct 25  2003 jvgenmain.exe*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????    48334 Oct 25  2003 libgcc.a*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????   316014 Oct 25  2003 libgpc.a*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 gerrit   ????????     4057 Oct 25  2003 specs*
drwxrwxrwx+   2 gerrit   Domänen-     4096 Oct 31  2003 units/

What reports `cygcheck -c gcc', `cygcheck -c gcc-g++', ...

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/