Subject: Re: Signal Handling of cygwin under VMware Workstation
From: Thomas Kloeber <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:40:33 +0200

Chris,

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>None.  I use VMware all of the time in cygwin development.
>  
>
looks like you're right. further tests show that it is a question, which 
shell i use:

    * ksh and bash: the test program receives the signal and terminates
    * sh: the test program receives the signal and then performs its
      signal handling procedure

(under Solaris 2.8 the test program on all shells shows the correct 
behaviour.)

if i use kill() to send a SIGINT to my test program running on

    * ksh and bash: it terminates without receiving the signal
    * sh: it doesn't receive the signal at all

any ideas/guesses are appreciated.

thomas

-- 
It has never been easier to help someone who suffers from hunger,
and use the web for a good purpose: http://www.thehungersite.com/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/