Subject: Re: FYI: GNU Smalltalk 2.1.5 on Cygwin
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:08:54 +0200

tuin01 wrote:

> Brian Ford <[email-masked]> wrote on 19-05-2004 21:34:37:

>> 
>> No, AFAIK, -lsomelib should never be in an automake _DEPENDENCIES 
> target.
>> That's a Makefile.am bug in GNU Smalltalk.  Removing it from there 
> should have
>> been all that was required.
>> 

> You're absolutely right I tried again without the /lib/libgst.la line and
> it works like a charm. I'm no make expert and I was a bit afraid I took
> away to much if I deleted it there's also a -lreadline in the 
> dependencies. I'll try and find out how the Makefile.am should be changed
> to avoid this in later builds, I'm 99% sure it's still there in 2.1.7

Have you or someone else actually tried to compile 2.1.7?
I have problems with the snprintfv directory, getting this error:

if sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv -I..  -I/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv    -O2 -MT libsnprintfvc_la-format.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libsnprintfvc_la-format.Tpo" -c -o libsnprintfvc_la-format.lo `test -f 'format.c' || echo '/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/'`format.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/libsnprintfvc_la-format.Tpo" ".deps/libsnprintfvc_la-format.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/libsnprintfvc_la-format.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv -I.. -I/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv -O2 -MT libsnprintfvc_la-format.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libsnprintfvc_la-format.Tpo -c /p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c  -DPIC -o .libs/libsnprintfvc_la-format.o
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c: In function `copysignl':
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:85: error: storage class specified for parameter `fetch_uintmax'
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:85: error: syntax error before '{' token
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:187: error: parameter `gformat' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:191: error: syntax error before "prec"
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:499: error: parameter `found' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:500: error: parameter `position' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:500: error: parameter `skipped_args' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:503: error: syntax error before '(' token
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:703: error: parameter `ch' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:705: error: syntax error before '(' token
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:752: error: parameter `count_or_errorcode' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:754: error: parameter `p' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:754: error: redeclaration of `p'
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:185: error: `p' previously declared here
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:759: error: syntax error before '(' token
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:843: error: storage class specified for parameter `digits_upper'
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:843: error: parameter `digits_upper' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:846: error: parameter `base' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:846: error: `pinfo' undeclared (first use in this function)
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:846: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:846: error: for each function it appears in.)
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:847: error: parameter `value' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:847: error: conflicting types for `value'
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:501: error: previous declaration of `value'
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:848: error: parameter `count_or_errorcode' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:848: error: redeclaration of `count_or_errorcode'
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:752: error: `count_or_errorcode' previously declared here
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:849: error: redeclaration of `buffer'
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:754: error: `buffer' previously declared here
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:849: error: redeclaration of `p'
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:754: error: `p' previously declared here
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:850: error: parameter `is_negative' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:852: error: syntax error before '(' token
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:1037: error: parameter `p' is initialized
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:1037: error: conflicting types for `p'
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:849: error: previous declaration of `p'
/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/snprintfv/snprintfv/format.c:1039: error: syntax error before '(' token
make[5]: *** [libsnprintfvc_la-format.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/.build/snprintfv/snprintfv'
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/.build/snprintfv/snprintfv'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/.build/snprintfv'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/.build/snprintfv'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/p/instsoft/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.1.7/.build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/