Subject: Can I get a GUI program to run when logged into cygwin via sshd?
From: David Wuertele <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:29:35 -0700

I have a program that I commonly run from the cygwin command line:

  # /cygdrive/c/bin/runme.bat

This executes a certain GUI program with specific command line
arugments.  The GUI program's window materializes on the Windows
desktop, the program does its batch processing thing, then it exits
and the window disappears.  This is exactly how I like it to work.

However, when I run sshd on this host, and ssh into it from another
host, I try to run the same program:

  # /cygdrive/c/bin/runme.bat

But this time the GUI window does not materialize on the windows
display, and the program seems to hang indefinitely.

If I could get this program to run through its batch and then exit at
the end, I would be satisfied, even if the GUI window doesn't
materialize on the Windows desktop.

Is there any way to acheive this?  How do people remotely execute GUI
programs on windows/cygwin?

Thanks,
Dave

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/