Subject: Re: How to force Setup.exe to behave?
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Lex Ein <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:49:45 +1000

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 09:20, Lex Ein wrote:
> Nine days ago, this was "Using Setup.exe to uninstall -bogus".
> 

Setup is only bringing in X because something you have installed
requires it.

It's possible that there is a circular dependency loop within the X
programs themselves, and if so you may (at least Right Now) be out of
luck for your uninstallation needs.

However, the partial view as another poster has suggested is probably
the best way to tackle this. And I'd suggest you compare what you want
installed vs what you have installed with the setup.ini from the mirror
you are using - you should be able to spot the culprit that is dragging
the X packages in.

My WAG is that a package you *want* wants X.

Rob
-- 
GPG key available at: <http://www.robertcollins.net/keys.txt>.