Subject: Re: cygwin upgrade: where did XWin go?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:12:28 -0400

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 06:14:49PM -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>"Allen H. Nugent" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
>news:[email-masked]...
>> At 03:14 PM 12/05/04, Peng Yu wrote:
>>>You can run startxwin.
>>
>>Umm, no, I can't: it gives "BASH: startxwin: command not found".
>>
>>To reiterate, I was able to use "startxwin.bat" or "startxwin.sh" to
>>run Xwin, until I upgraded cygwin; now, the Xwin system seems to be
>>gone.
>>
>>Does Setup normally uninstall Xwin without replacing it?  Should I run
>>Setup again?  What should I select to avoid uninstalling something
>>else?
>
>Have you tried just typing in xwin?

cygwin-xfree cygwin com is the place to discuss Xwindows.  I'm
redirecting this thread there.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/