Subject: mailx mail replacement - solution in shell script
From: jerzy szczudłowski <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 22:23:25 +0200

Since mailx package is not ported to Cygwin, and from time to time
someone miss it, I wrote short shell script that enables straight
compatibility with some programs which by default depend on "mail"
command (i.e.  smartmontools). Since this is really simple script, it is
very limited.  In example, it emulates only batch mode (actually, you
may type form stdin but there are no hints about headers), only few
options are avaiable (eascb) and recipient address must come at the end
of line (due to getopts shortcomings). But, what is actually important
here, you can type: "cat /var/log/syslog | mail root", just like on real
unices :)

URL:
http://jedwab.net.pl/~jerzy/shell/mail.bz2

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/