Subject: Re: ssmpt
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 10:27:58 -0700

alex hardy wrote:

> I am about to use cygwin on a win2k box
> the only programme I am likely to use is
> ssmpt. Since I have bben advised that
> least is more principle I would like any
> feedback to suggest any other downlods
> that may be useful with ssmpt. OTHER
> than the bash shell.

We got you the first time, no need to post twice.  The name of the
program is 'ssmtp', by the way.  You haven't said a word about what you
want to actually DO with the software so I'm afraid that no one is going
to be able to advise you on much of anything.  As you probably know
ssmtp is just a simple program that provides a stripped down
command-line MTA that only knows how to relay to a smarthost.  If you
actually want a real mail server then you should look at exim instead.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/