Subject: Re: GPL violation ?
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 11:03:01 -0700

Chris Herborth wrote:

> Go read the GPL; you only need to provide sources to people who
> _ask_for_them_.  These days, you could probably just refer them to a web
> page or something.  Also, they have to make any _changes_ they've made to
> the source available.

s/a web page/a web page that you control/

If I distribute something linked against Cygwin and then tell people
"here's my main.c, just get all the rest of the sources from cygwin.com"
then I'd be in violation of the GPL if cygwin.com one day goes away for
some reason and I don't notice but continue to distribute my binaries.

Brian
(I promise not to feed the 'GPL armchair lawyer' OT threads any
further.)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/