Subject: GDB slow when Novell and Hummingbird NFS installed
From: Jeff Baker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 17:30:09 -0400

I'm passing this information along from a 3rd party so forgive me if 
it's incomplete.

With our product we ship the 1.5.5-1 Cygwin dll and a GDB which is built 
against it.  We currently have a customer who is experiencing 
significant slowdowns in the debugger ('unresponsive' is the word he 
used) when either a Novell client or Hummingbird NFS are installed. 
I've seen various threads about patching Novell solving slowdowns, but 
the customer has patched their Novell and the problem remains.

The previous version of our product shipped with some flavour of the 1.3 
cygwin dll and didn't have this problem.  Can someone shed some light on 
what might be causing this?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/