Subject: Re: Run Windows application via ssh
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 09:44:37 -0700

Mauro Migliorati wrote:

> I manage to connect via ssh but, when I try to open an application, like
> notepad, it does not appear on the client screen.

This will not work unless the application is an X Windows program. 
Native windows apps cannot be used remotely with ssh, because they are
not network-aware.  This may be possible with remote desktop/terminal
server/etc, but it's outside the scope of Cygwin.  All that ssh can do
is forward a stream of bytes across the connection.  The application
must be designed to work in this manner, such as X11 apps.  Ssh cannot
work miracles.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/