Subject: Re: How to set the colors of terminfo's standout mode?
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 04:38:00 -0700

Alejandro López-Valencia wrote:

> The one I use came with the documentation of an ftp/sftp client I use,
> yafc. Tis information is very hard to come by if one is in a bind, so I'll
> include it here. Yafc's info file says:

Really?  Google for "ansi escape sequences" and you'll get dozens of
hits with the info.  My favorite is
<http://vt100.net/docs/vt100-ug/contents.html> which is a faithful
reproduction of the original digital VT100 user's guide from 1981.  Of
course that doesn't translate directly to the subset of "DOS ansi.sys"
that CMD.EXE recognises, but anyway.

To the original poster: Why not use rxvt?  It allows much greater
control of the colors of every text attribute, and I find it superior to
CMD.EXE in every aspect -- copy/paste, scrolling speed, etc.  It does
not require X11, it will work just fine with no X server running.  It
autodetects this at startup.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/