Subject: Re: The Choices Are Exim, Exim and, er, Exim...
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Sabahattin Gucukoglu" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:22:58 +0200

Hi Sabahattin,

>> Postfix and Sendmail are not easy if not impossible to build, ...

IIRC, there is actual a sendmail port somewhere, very old version
though.

> Besides, most MTAs descend still from ways of the past, and I want to
> change that.

There is a neat modern one, Xmailserver from xmailserver.org.  It is
available already as native Windows, Linux, Free-/OpenBSD and Solaris
version, I would really like to have a port to cygwin, but the author
isn't interested, there is no need to do this he says.  Since he uses
special Linux features, the Linux parts of the code cannot be compiled
on cygwin.

> I want to use GCC's switches to select between Cygwin and MinGW as
> machine types ...

You have it already, '-mno-cygwin' creates binaries linked against
msvcrt with the cygwin gcc.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/