Subject: Re: incorrect dos version
From: Daniel Senderowicz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:08:57 -0700 (PDT)

>> I'm new to this list. I read the FAQ but I couldn't find an answer
>> nor a fix for my problem. I just installed the latest cygwin version
>> (1.5.9) on a PC running windows NT-4.0. Everything went OK, and I
>> can run programs from the console. However when I try to 'startx'
>> it comes back with the message "Incorrect DOS version". I was
>
>Check if you have any old DOS command line tools in your path with names
>like any cygwin executables, i.e. grep, cut, tar, gzip etc.

I'm a total neophite with windows, but from looking at what I get
by typing 'path', there is nothing that resembles a unix-like
command. Or I should do this search in a different way?

Dan

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/