Subject: RE: Cygwin setup window size, why no maximize button enabled ?
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: utomo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:29:19 +1000

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 15:55, utomo wrote:
> And also better if the setup can download simultaneusly, or preparing
> for the next file. 
> Now if we look at the download process, the connecting time (for each
> file) is consuming time. If the download process can reduce this, I
> believe the download will be much faster.  

For the 3-way handshake to be a significant consideration, you either
need extremely high latency link (which /usually/ goes hand in hand with
low bandwidth) or extremely small data. Most of our packages are big
enough that it shouldn't be an issue. If you find it an issue, I suggest
the use of a proxy server - which will use persistent connections and
eliminate the 3-way handshake overhead (assuming that is, that the MSIE
net object doesn't do that for us).

Rob
-- 
GPG key available at: <http://www.robertcollins.net/keys.txt>.