Subject: Re: cygwin install failing at download/progress stage
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: Ben <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:10:30 +1000

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 04:27, Ben wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I am trying to reinstall cygwin after an upgrade to XP.

Did you reinstall windows, or do an in-place upgrade? If it was
in-place, your cygwin install should have just kept working...

If its not working, or if you deleted it, you'll need to repair this.

If the cygwin install stopped working, your /etc/passwd and /etc/group
files are possibly (probably?) incorrect. You can repair this by moving
them and re-running the postinstall scripts from /etc/setup/postinstall.

Alternatively, if you deleted the cygwin install... your log files will
be in /var/log/ and that is auto created by setup if the mount table
exists.

Rob
-- 
GPG key available at: <http://www.robertcollins.net/keys.txt>.