Subject: cat: problem cured in snapshot 20040409
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 07:14:24 +0100

The current cygwin1-1.5.9.dll and snapshots up to 20040406 have exhibited an
intermittent problem with cat: the error msg "input file is output file" has
been presented during a long sequence

	cat f.1 f.2 f.3 ... f.n > f.target

when there is in fact no coincidence of names. This was reported earlier at
//www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-03/msg01211.html (also with 1.5.9).

The problem seems to depend in some subtly inexpressible way (otherwise I
would have sent a test case) on the contents of f.1 .. f.n and the name of
f.target.
 
Well, at least with the examples I have tried (many) this problem is cured
with snapshot 20040409. 

And with 20040411.

Thank you.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/