Subject: Re: cygheap problems, also on version 1.5.9 (was Re: cygheap problems, 20040326 snapshot)
From: Andy Rushton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 10:36:21 +0100

Brian Ford wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Andy Rushton wrote:
>  
>
>>The really odd thing is that I have another PC at home with the same
>>version of XP, same update status and as far as I can tell, the same
>>install of Cygwin and I have no problems.
>>    
>>
>Are you sure about the "same update status" part?  The following would
>imply that a "Windows Update" will fix your problem.  Could you try it and
>report back?
>  
>
Good question. Okay, I'm on XP, not 2k as the other correspondent is. 
Nevertheless I have fallen into the trap of not checking what's *really* 
happening rather than what MS say is happening. My computer here - the 
one that was getting the error - is supposed to be on auto-update. 
That's what the settings say it is. However, I found that a manual 
update found 5 'critical' (whatever that means) updates that hadn't been 
installed. Installing them appears to have made the problem go away.

Oh, I do so love Windoze.

-- 
Andy Rushton, Southampton, UK

"I believe it's very hard to have fun in Iceland without fish being
involved in some way."
        -- Looking for a good place to party
           (Terry Pratchett, Johnny and the Dead)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/