Subject: Building a cross compiler Solaris to Cygwin
From: Christophe LYON <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:54:16 +0200

Hi,

I have been working on how to build a cross-gcc for cygwin.
I have used the build-cross-gcc shell script with success
with a Linux host, targetting cygwin 1.5.9, binutils 20040312,
using both gcc-2.95.3-10 and gcc-3.3.1-2.

However, when I run the very same script on a Solaris 2.7
host, it fails:
[...]

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../binutils-20040312-1/ld -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE
-I. -I../../binutils-20040312-1/ld -I../bfd
-I../../binutils-20040312-1/ld/../bfd
-I../../binutils-20040312-1/ld/../include
-I../../binutils-20040312-1/ld/../intl -I../intl  
-DLOCALEDIR="\"somepath/share/locale\""  -O2 -W -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -c
../../binutils-20040312-1/ld/pe-dll.c
../../binutils-20040312-1/ld/pe-dll.c:29: stdint.h: No such file or
directory
make[3]: *** [pe-dll.o] Error 1

I have tried many ways to get it succeed, including untarring binutils,
gcc
and cygwin sources within the same directory tree in the hope that
configure
would make the right thing automagically.... I have always failed with
errors
because files such as c-demangle.c were not found during the gcc build.

I am a bit reluctant to change the sources in order to fix stdint.h, and
I
wonder if I am trying to do something which is not supported?
What is the "right" supposed way of build a cross compiler for Cygwin?

Thanks

Christophe.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/