Subject: Re: zsh and line breaks
From: Oliver Kiddle <[email-masked]>
To: "Peter A. Castro" <[email-masked]>
Cc: zzapper <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:32:02 +0200

"Peter A. Castro" wrote:
> > I run zsh on Cygwin, unlike bash zsh gets very upset if it sees dos
> > returns. I have to run dos2unix on my zsh scripts.
> >
> > I haven't seen an explanation for this
> 
> Hmm... I'll have to look into this.  I thought I'd corrected this for
> Cygwin...

Are those corrections likely to be limited to the Cygwin package for
zsh?

I don't use Cygwin myself but from a quick search, it looks like there
is an O_TEXT flag to open which we could use (a couple of places in
init.c would cover scripts I think). Wouldn't work where the script
comes from stdin, though. Does that perhaps help?

Oliver

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/