Subject: Re: Problems with OpenSSH in win32.
From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:27:30 -0500

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:30:21 +0200, Alejandro Sánchez Acosta wrote in
<[email-masked]>:

>Hello,
>
>I have installed cygwin with OpenSSH support with the following steps:
>
>ssh-host-config -y
>ssh-user-config 
>
>cygrunsrv -S sshd
>
>passwd
>
>And then I have connected with a ssh client (with Linux) and tried to run a
>graphical application but it doesn't show anything in the remote machine
>(windows with opensshd server under cygwin)
>
>Any clue?

Hola tocayo,

It is not particularly clear what you did from your description, but
if I understood correctly, you are trying to have graphical access to
a Windows box from a Linux box using SSH, am I correct?

This is not possible with the tools you are using. That is, it is
*entirely possible* to have graphical access to a Linux box from
Windows by using Cygwin's OpenSSH port *and* Cygwin/X. To do it in the
other direction you need a different set of tools, namely VNC or
similar. If so, it is off-topic for the list, but you can always
search for TightVNC in SourceForge :-).

-- 
Alejandro López-Valencia
http://dradul.tripod.com/
[...] every educated man is a theologian, and he doesn't need faith to
be one. (J.L. Borges)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/