Subject: Re: Aspell - Ispell
From: Andy Rushton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:10:11 +0100

Gregory Borota wrote:

>But still I *personally* would prefer if  Pierre A. Humblet's Ispell port
>would be part of cygwin distribution too as his ispell is much faster than
>current aspell (at least for english). I tried to use aspell it just makes me
>mad, it's so extremely slow. I had to switch back to cygwin ispell from:
>ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Humblet_Pierre_A/V1.1/ispell-3.2.06-cygwin-1.3-bin.tar.gz
>  
>
I would support this for another reason: ispell is integrated with the 
various emacsen and gives my such features as flyspell (on-the-fly spell 
check). I just did a clean reinstall of Cygwin and spent a while 
tracking down the latest ispell release - it would be som much better if 
it was a Cygwin module. Or is it possible to use aspell within emacs? I 
can't find any documentation to say yes or no to this.

Andy

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/