Subject: Re: Strange problem wiith Cygwin ssh-still no luck :-(
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:00:25 -0800

Bindaas Guy wrote:
> 
> So, what you are saying is that RSA authentication
> DOES NOT authenticate a user to a Windows user and
> password log in authenticates the user to a defined
> windows user? If that is the case,is there no way i
> can 'map' to a windows user? 'id' shows the proper
> info about the user indicating that he is part of
> Administrators group even while logged in with RSA
> keys....Isn't that a bug?

This is explained in the "NT Security" section of the user's guide. 
Passwordless authentication works fine to fully authenticate and switch
user contexts on the local machine.  However, network devices (SMB
dirs/printers) require the password to authenticate and so you will not
be able to access them if you've logged in with a passwordless method. 
(Assuming that they require auth, that is.)

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/