Subject: cygpath solution
From: Vivek HS <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:32:19 +0530

Hi all,

I had faced the below problem when using the cygpath.exe.

Below is the data:
Was using cygwin 1.5.8 and the cygpath in that was crashing:

     10 [main] ? 1400 cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve space for
cygwin's heap (0x616E0000 <0x410000>) in child, Win32 error 487
C:\cygwin\bin\cygpath.exe (1400): *** m.AllocationBase 0x0, m.
BaseAddress 0x616E0000, m.RegionSize 0x1AA0000, m.State 0x10000

      9 [main] ? 412 cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve space for
cygwin's heap (0x616E0000 <0x410000>) in child, Win32 error 487
C:\cygwin\bin\cygpath.exe (412): *** m.AllocationBase 0x0, m.BaseAddress
0x616E0000, m.RegionSize 0x1AA0000, m.State 0x10000

checking for cl.exe... /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual
Studio/VC98/bin/cl.exe
      9 [main] ? 1400 cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve space for
cygwin's heap (0x616E0000 <0x410000>) in child, Win32 error 487
C:\cygwin\bin\cygpath.exe (1400): *** m.AllocationBase 0x0, m.
BaseAddress 0x616E0000, m.RegionSize 0x1AA0000, m.State 0x10000

To resolve this had to get the cygwin snapshots(which are not tested)
from cygwin:

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

2004-Mar-18
cygwin1-20040318.dll.bz2 using this dll resolved the problem with
cygpath.

Thanks.
Vivek

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/