Subject: (slight off topic) CYGWIN Make file discrepancy
From: "Martin Gainty" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:58:02 -0500

Mr Okamoto:
Following your instructions to create a makefile for Perl within CYGWIN
1)h2xs -A -n Mytest
2)as per instruction I added
Let's edit the .xs file by adding this to the end of the file:

        void
        hello()
                CODE:
                printf("Hello, world!\n");3)% perl Makefile.PL
        Checking if your kit is complete...
        Looks good
        Writing Makefile for Mytest
        %(output confirmed as displayed)
4)make$ makemake: *** No rule to make target `C:\Perl\lib^', needed by
`Makefile'.  Stop.Contents of makefile is attached at bottom:# This Makefile
is for the Mytest extension to perl.## It was generated automatically by
MakeMaker version# 6.17 (Revision: 1.133) from the contents of# Makefile.PL.
Don't edit this file, edit Makefile.PL instead.##       ANY CHANGES MADE
HERE WILL BE LOST!##   MakeMaker ARGV: ()##   MakeMaker Parameters:#
ABSTRACT_FROM => q[lib/Mytest.pm]#     AUTHOR => q[A. U. Thor
<[email-masked]>]#     DEFINE => q[]#     INC => q[-I.]#
LIBS => [q[]]#     NAME => q[Mytest]#     PREREQ_PM => {  }#
VERSION_FROM => q[lib/Mytest.pm]# --- MakeMaker post_initialize
section:# --- MakeMaker const_config section:# These definitions are from
config.sh (via C:/Perl/lib/Config.pm)# They may have been overridden via
Makefile.PL or on the command lineAR = libCC = clCCCDLFLAGS =  CCDLFLAGS =
DLEXT = dllDLSRC = dl_win32.xsLD = linkLDDLFLAGS
= -dll -nologo -nodefaultlib -debug -opt:ref,icf  -libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE
"  -machine:x86LDFLAGS
 -nologo -nodefaultlib -debug -opt:ref,icf  -libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE"  -ma
chine:x86LIBC = msvcrt.libLIB_EXT = .libOBJ_EXT = .objOSNAME = MSWin32OSVERS
= 4.0RANLIB = remSITELIBEXP = C:\Perl\site\libSITEARCHEXP =
C:\Perl\site\libSO = dllEXE_EXT = .exeFULL_AR = VENDORARCHEXP = VENDORLIBEXP
= # --- MakeMaker constants section:AR_STATIC_ARGS = crDIRFILESEP = ^\NAME =
MytestNAME_SYM = MytestVERSION = 0.01VERSION_MACRO = VERSIONVERSION_SYM =
0_01DEFINE_VERSION = -D$(VERSION_MACRO)=\"$(VERSION)\"XS_VERSION =
0.01XS_VERSION_MACRO = XS_VERSIONXS_DEFINE_VERSION
= -D$(XS_VERSION_MACRO)=\"$(XS_VERSION)\"INST_ARCHLIB = blib\archINST_SCRIPT
= blib\scriptINST_BIN = blib\binINST_LIB = blib\libINST_MAN1DIR =
blib\man1INST_MAN3DIR = blib\man3MAN1EXT = 1MAN3EXT = 3INSTALLDIRS =
siteDESTDIR = PREFIX = PERLPREFIX = C:\PerlSITEPREFIX =
C:\Perl\siteVENDORPREFIX = INSTALLPRIVLIB =
$(PERLPREFIX)\libDESTINSTALLPRIVLIB =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLPRIVLIB)INSTALLSITELIB =
$(SITEPREFIX)\libDESTINSTALLSITELIB =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLSITELIB)INSTALLVENDORLIB = DESTINSTALLVENDORLIB =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLVENDORLIB)INSTALLARCHLIB =
$(PERLPREFIX)\libDESTINSTALLARCHLIB =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLARCHLIB)INSTALLSITEARCH =
$(SITEPREFIX)\libDESTINSTALLSITEARCH =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLSITEARCH)INSTALLVENDORARCH = DESTINSTALLVENDORARCH =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLVENDORARCH)INSTALLBIN = $(PERLPREFIX)\binDESTINSTALLBIN =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLBIN)INSTALLSITEBIN = C:\Perl\binDESTINSTALLSITEBIN =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLSITEBIN)INSTALLVENDORBIN = DESTINSTALLVENDORBIN =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLVENDORBIN)INSTALLSCRIPT =
$(PERLPREFIX)\binDESTINSTALLSCRIPT =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLSCRIPT)INSTALLMAN1DIR = noneDESTINSTALLMAN1DIR =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLMAN1DIR)INSTALLSITEMAN1DIR =
$(SITEPREFIX)\man\man1DESTINSTALLSITEMAN1DIR =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLSITEMAN1DIR)INSTALLVENDORMAN1DIR =
DESTINSTALLVENDORMAN1DIR = $(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLVENDORMAN1DIR)INSTALLMAN3DIR =
noneDESTINSTALLMAN3DIR = $(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLMAN3DIR)INSTALLSITEMAN3DIR =
$(SITEPREFIX)\man\man3DESTINSTALLSITEMAN3DIR =
$(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLSITEMAN3DIR)INSTALLVENDORMAN3DIR =
DESTINSTALLVENDORMAN3DIR = $(DESTDIR)$(INSTALLVENDORMAN3DIR)PERL_LIB =
C:\Perl\libPERL_ARCHLIB = C:\Perl\libLIBPERL_A = libperl.libFIRST_MAKEFILE =
MakefileMAKEFILE_OLD = $(FIRST_MAKEFILE).oldMAKE_APERL_FILE =
$(FIRST_MAKEFILE).aperlPERLMAINCC = $(CC)PERL_INC = C:\Perl\lib\COREPERL =
C:\Perl\bin\perl.exeFULLPERL = C:\Perl\bin\perl.exeABSPERL = $(PERL)PERLRUN
= $(PERL)FULLPERLRUN = $(FULLPERL)ABSPERLRUN = $(ABSPERL)PERLRUNINST =
$(PERLRUN) "-I$(INST_ARCHLIB)" "-I$(INST_LIB)"FULLPERLRUNINST =
$(FULLPERLRUN) "-I$(INST_ARCHLIB)" "-I$(INST_LIB)"ABSPERLRUNINST =
$(ABSPERLRUN) "-I$(INST_ARCHLIB)" "-I$(INST_LIB)"PERL_CORE = 0PERM_RW =
644PERM_RWX = 755MAKEMAKER   = C:/Perl/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pmMM_VERSION
= 6.17MM_REVISION = 1.133# FULLEXT = Pathname for extension directory (eg
Foo/Bar/Oracle).# BASEEXT = Basename part of FULLEXT. May be just equal
FULLEXT. (eg Oracle)# PARENT_NAME = NAME without BASEEXT and no trailing ::
(eg Foo::Bar)# DLBASE  = Basename part of dynamic library. May be just equal
BASEEXT.FULLEXT = MytestBASEEXT = MytestPARENT_NAME = DLBASE =
$(BASEEXT)VERSION_FROM = lib/Mytest.pmINC = -I.DEFINE = OBJECT =
$(BASEEXT)$(OBJ_EXT)LDFROM = $(OBJECT)LINKTYPE = dynamic# Handy lists of
source code files:XS_FILES = Mytest.xsC_FILES  = Mytest.cO_FILES  =
Mytest.objH_FILES  = ppport.hMAN1PODS = MAN3PODS = # Where is the Config
information that we are using/depend onCONFIGDEP =
$(PERL_ARCHLIB)$(DIRFILESEP)Config.pm $(PERL_INC)$(DIRFILESEP)config.h#
Where to build thingsINST_LIBDIR      = $(INST_LIB)INST_ARCHLIBDIR  =
$(INST_ARCHLIB)INST_AUTODIR     =
$(INST_LIB)\auto\$(FULLEXT)INST_ARCHAUTODIR =
$(INST_ARCHLIB)\auto\$(FULLEXT)INST_STATIC      =
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)\$(BASEEXT)$(LIB_EXT)INST_DYNAMIC     =
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)\$(DLBASE).$(DLEXT)INST_BOOT        =
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)\$(BASEEXT).bs# Extra linker infoEXPORT_LIST        =
$(BASEEXT).defPERL_ARCHIVE       = $(PERL_INC)\perl58.libPERL_ARCHIVE_AFTER
= TO_INST_PM = lib/Mytest.pmPM_TO_BLIB = lib/Mytest.pm \
blib\lib\Mytest.pm# --- MakeMaker platform_constants
section:MM_Win32_VERSION = 1.09# --- MakeMaker tool_autosplit section:#
Usage: $(AUTOSPLITFILE) FileToSplit AutoDirToSplitIntoAUTOSPLITFILE =
$(PERLRUN)  -e "use AutoSplit;  autosplit($$ARGV[0], $$ARGV[1], 0, 1,
1)"# --- MakeMaker tool_xsubpp section:XSUBPPDIR =
C:\Perl\lib\ExtUtilsXSUBPP = $(XSUBPPDIR)/xsubppXSPROTOARG = XSUBPPDEPS =
C:\Perl\lib\ExtUtils\typemap $(XSUBPP)XSUBPPARGS = -typemap
C:\Perl\lib\ExtUtils\typemapXSUBPP_EXTRA_ARGS = # --- MakeMaker tools_other
section:CHMOD = $(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Command -e chmodCP =
$(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Command -e cpMV = $(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Command -e
mvNOOP = remNOECHO = @RM_F = $(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Command -e rm_fRM_RF =
$(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Command -e rm_rfTEST_F =
$(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Command -e test_fTOUCH =
$(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Command -e touchUMASK_NULL = umask 0DEV_NULL = >
NULMKPATH = $(PERLRUN) "-MExtUtils::Command" -e mkpathEQUALIZE_TIMESTAMP =
$(PERLRUN) "-MExtUtils::Command" -e eqtimeECHO = $(PERLRUN) -l -e "print
qq{@ARGV}"ECHO_N = $(PERLRUN)  -e "print qq{@ARGV}"UNINST = 0VERBINST =
0MOD_INSTALL = $(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Install -e "install({@ARGV},
'$(VERBINST)', 0, '$(UNINST)');"DOC_INSTALL = $(PERLRUN)
"-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e perllocal_installUNINSTALL = $(PERLRUN)
"-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e uninstallWARN_IF_OLD_PACKLIST = $(PERLRUN)
"-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e warn_if_old_packlist# --- MakeMaker
makemakerdflt section:makemakerdflt: all $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)# --- MakeMaker
dist section:TAR = tarTARFLAGS = cvfZIP = zipZIPFLAGS = -rCOMPRESS =
gzip --bestSUFFIX = .gzSHAR = sharPREOP = $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)POSTOP =
$(NOECHO) $(NOOP)TO_UNIX = $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)CI = ci -uRCS_LABEL =
rcs -Nv$(VERSION_SYM): -qDIST_CP = bestDIST_DEFAULT = tardistDISTNAME =
MytestDISTVNAME = Mytest-0.01# --- MakeMaker macro section:# --- MakeMaker
depend section:# --- MakeMaker cflags section:CCFLAGS
= -nologo -Gf -W3 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1 -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -DHAVE
_DES_FCRYPT -DNO_HASH_SEED -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DUSE
_PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIXOPTIMIZE = -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1PERLTYPE =
MPOLLUTE = # --- MakeMaker const_loadlibs section:# Mytest might depend on
some other libraries:# See ExtUtils::Liblist for details#LDLOADLIBS =
oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib  comdlg32.lib
advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib  netapi32.lib uuid.lib
wsock32.lib mpr.lib winmm.lib  version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib
msvcrt.libLD_RUN_PATH = # --- MakeMaker const_cccmd section:CCCMD = $(CC) -c
$(PASTHRU_INC) $(INC) \ $(CCFLAGS) $(OPTIMIZE) \ $(PERLTYPE) $(MPOLLUTE)
$(DEFINE_VERSION) \ $(XS_DEFINE_VERSION)# --- MakeMaker post_constants
section:# --- MakeMaker pasthru section:PASTHRU = -nologo# --- MakeMaker
special_targets section:.SUFFIXES: .xs .c .C .cpp .i .s .cxx .cc
$(OBJ_EXT).PHONY: all config static dynamic test linkext manifest# ---
MakeMaker c_o section:.c.i: cl -nologo -E -c $(PASTHRU_INC) $(INC) \
$(CCFLAGS) $(OPTIMIZE) \ $(PERLTYPE) $(MPOLLUTE) $(DEFINE_VERSION) \
$(XS_DEFINE_VERSION) $(CCCDLFLAGS) "-I$(PERL_INC)" $(PASTHRU_DEFINE)
$(DEFINE) $*.c > $*.i.c.s: $(CCCMD) -S $(CCCDLFLAGS) "-I$(PERL_INC)"
$(PASTHRU_DEFINE) $(DEFINE) $*.c.c$(OBJ_EXT): $(CCCMD) $(CCCDLFLAGS)
"-I$(PERL_INC)" $(PASTHRU_DEFINE) $(DEFINE) $*.c.cpp$(OBJ_EXT): $(CCCMD)
$(CCCDLFLAGS) "-I$(PERL_INC)" $(PASTHRU_DEFINE) $(DEFINE)
$*.cpp.cxx$(OBJ_EXT): $(CCCMD) $(CCCDLFLAGS) "-I$(PERL_INC)"
$(PASTHRU_DEFINE) $(DEFINE) $*.cxx.cc$(OBJ_EXT): $(CCCMD) $(CCCDLFLAGS)
"-I$(PERL_INC)" $(PASTHRU_DEFINE) $(DEFINE) $*.cc# --- MakeMaker xs_c
section:.xs.c: $(PERLRUN) $(XSUBPP) $(XSPROTOARG) $(XSUBPPARGS)
$(XSUBPP_EXTRA_ARGS) $*.xs > $*.xsc && $(MV) $*.xsc $*.c# --- MakeMaker xs_o
section:# --- MakeMaker top_targets section:all :: pure_all $(NOECHO)
$(NOOP)pure_all :: config pm_to_blib subdirs linkext $(NOECHO)
$(NOOP)subdirs :: $(MYEXTLIB) $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)config :: $(FIRST_MAKEFILE)
$(INST_LIBDIR)$(DIRFILESEP).exists $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)config ::
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)$(DIRFILESEP).exists $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)config ::
$(INST_AUTODIR)$(DIRFILESEP).exists $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)$(INST_AUTODIR)\.exists
:: C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl.h $(NOECHO) $(MKPATH) $(INST_AUTODIR) $(NOECHO)
$(EQUALIZE_TIMESTAMP) C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl.h
$(INST_AUTODIR)\.exists -$(NOECHO) $(CHMOD) $(PERM_RWX)
$(INST_AUTODIR)$(INST_LIBDIR)\.exists :: C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl.h $(NOECHO)
$(MKPATH) $(INST_LIBDIR) $(NOECHO) $(EQUALIZE_TIMESTAMP)
C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl.h $(INST_LIBDIR)\.exists -$(NOECHO) $(CHMOD)
$(PERM_RWX) $(INST_LIBDIR)$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)\.exists ::
C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl.h $(NOECHO) $(MKPATH) $(INST_ARCHAUTODIR) $(NOECHO)
$(EQUALIZE_TIMESTAMP) C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl.h
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)\.exists -$(NOECHO) $(CHMOD) $(PERM_RWX)
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)$(O_FILES): $(H_FILES)help: perldoc
ExtUtils::MakeMaker# --- MakeMaker linkext section:linkext :: $(LINKTYPE)
$(NOECHO) $(NOOP)# --- MakeMaker dlsyms section:Mytest.def: Makefile.PL
$(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Mksymlists \     -e "Mksymlists('NAME'=>\"Mytest\",
'DLBASE' => '$(BASEEXT)', 'DL_FUNCS' => {  }, 'FUNCLIST' => [], 'IMPORTS' =>
{  }, 'DL_VARS' => []);"# --- MakeMaker dynamic section:dynamic ::
$(FIRST_MAKEFILE) $(INST_DYNAMIC) $(INST_BOOT) $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)# ---
MakeMaker dynamic_bs section:BOOTSTRAP = $(BASEEXT).bs# As Mkbootstrap might
not write a file (if none is required)# we use touch to prevent make
continually trying to remake it.# The DynaLoader only reads a non-empty
file.$(BOOTSTRAP): $(FIRST_MAKEFILE) $(BOOTDEP)
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)$(DIRFILESEP).exists $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "Running
Mkbootstrap for $(NAME) ($(BSLOADLIBS))" $(NOECHO) $(PERLRUN) \
"-MExtUtils::Mkbootstrap" \  -e "Mkbootstrap('$(BASEEXT)','$(BSLOADLIBS)');"
$(NOECHO) $(TOUCH) $(BOOTSTRAP) $(CHMOD) $(PERM_RW) $@$(INST_BOOT):
$(BOOTSTRAP) $(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)$(DIRFILESEP).exists $(NOECHO) $(RM_RF)
$(INST_BOOT) -$(CP) $(BOOTSTRAP) $(INST_BOOT) $(CHMOD) $(PERM_RW) $@# ---
MakeMaker dynamic_lib section:# This section creates the dynamically
loadable $(INST_DYNAMIC)# from $(OBJECT) and possibly
$(MYEXTLIB).OTHERLDFLAGS = INST_DYNAMIC_DEP = $(INST_DYNAMIC): $(OBJECT)
$(MYEXTLIB) $(BOOTSTRAP) $(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)$(DIRFILESEP).exists
$(EXPORT_LIST) $(PERL_ARCHIVE) $(INST_DYNAMIC_DEP) $(LD) -out:$@
$(LDDLFLAGS) $(LDFROM) $(OTHERLDFLAGS) $(MYEXTLIB) $(PERL_ARCHIVE)
$(LDLOADLIBS) -def:$(EXPORT_LIST) $(CHMOD) $(PERM_RWX) $@# --- MakeMaker
static section:## $(INST_PM) has been moved to the all: target.## It remains
here for awhile to allow for old usage: "make static"static ::
$(FIRST_MAKEFILE) $(INST_STATIC) $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)# --- MakeMaker static_lib
section:$(INST_STATIC): $(OBJECT) $(MYEXTLIB)
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)$(DIRFILESEP).exists $(RM_RF) $@ $(AR) -out:$@ $(OBJECT)
$(CHMOD) $(PERM_RWX) $@ $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "$(EXTRALIBS)" >
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)\extralibs.ld# --- MakeMaker manifypods
section:POD2MAN_EXE = $(PERLRUN) "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e pod2man
"--"POD2MAN = $(POD2MAN_EXE)manifypods : pure_all  $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)# ---
MakeMaker processPL section:# --- MakeMaker installbin section:# ---
MakeMaker subdirs section:# none# --- MakeMaker clean_subdirs
section:clean_subdirs : $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)# --- MakeMaker clean section:#
Delete temporary files but do not touch installed files. We don't delete#
the Makefile here so a later make realclean still has a makefile to
use.clean :: clean_subdirs -$(RM_RF) Mytest.c ./blib $(MAKE_APERL_FILE)
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)/extralibs.all $(INST_ARCHAUTODIR)/extralibs.ld
perlmain.c tmon.out mon.out so_locations pm_to_blib *$(OBJ_EXT) *$(LIB_EXT)
perl.exe perl perl$(EXE_EXT) $(BOOTSTRAP) $(BASEEXT).bso $(BASEEXT).def
lib$(BASEEXT).def $(BASEEXT).exp $(BASEEXT).x core core.*perl.*.? *perl.core
core.[0-9] core.[0-9][0-9] core.[0-9][0-9][0-9] core.[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]
core.[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] -$(MV) $(FIRST_MAKEFILE) $(MAKEFILE_OLD)
$(DEV_NULL)clean :: -$(RM_F) *.pdb# --- MakeMaker realclean_subdirs
section:realclean_subdirs : $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)# --- MakeMaker realclean
section:# Delete temporary files (via clean) and also delete installed
filesrealclean purge ::  clean realclean_subdirs $(RM_RF) $(INST_AUTODIR)
$(INST_ARCHAUTODIR) $(RM_RF) $(DISTVNAME) $(RM_F) $(INST_DYNAMIC)
$(INST_BOOT) $(RM_F) $(INST_STATIC) $(RM_F)  blib\lib\Mytest.pm
$(MAKEFILE_OLD) $(FIRST_MAKEFILE)# --- MakeMaker metafile section:metafile :
$(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "# http://module-build.sourceforge.net/META-spec.html" >
META.yml $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "#XXXXXXX This is a prototype!!!  It will change
in the future!!! XXXXX#" >> META.yml $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "name:
Mytest" >> META.yml $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "version:      0.01" >> META.yml
$(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "version_from: lib/Mytest.pm" >> META.yml $(NOECHO)
$(ECHO) "installdirs:  site" >> META.yml $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "requires:" >>
META.yml $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "" >> META.yml $(NOECHO) $(ECHO)
"distribution_type: module" >> META.yml $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "generated_by:
ExtUtils::MakeMaker version 6.17" >> META.yml# --- MakeMaker
metafile_addtomanifest section:metafile_addtomanifest: $(NOECHO)
$(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Manifest=maniadd -e "eval { maniadd({q{META.yml} =>
q{Module meta-data (added by MakeMaker)}}) } \    or print \"Could not add
META.yml to MANIFEST: $${'@'}\n\""# --- MakeMaker dist_basics
section:distclean :: realclean distcheck $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)distcheck :
$(PERLRUN) "-MExtUtils::Manifest=fullcheck" -e fullcheckskipcheck :
$(PERLRUN) "-MExtUtils::Manifest=skipcheck" -e skipcheckmanifest :
$(PERLRUN) "-MExtUtils::Manifest=mkmanifest" -e mkmanifestveryclean :
realclean $(RM_F) *~ *.orig */*~ */*.orig# --- MakeMaker dist_core
section:dist : $(DIST_DEFAULT) $(FIRST_MAKEFILE) $(NOECHO) $(PERLRUN) -l -e
"print 'Warning: Makefile possibly out of date with $(VERSION_FROM)'\
   if -e '$(VERSION_FROM)' and -M '$(VERSION_FROM)' < -M
'$(FIRST_MAKEFILE)';"tardist : $(DISTVNAME).tar$(SUFFIX) $(NOECHO)
$(NOOP)uutardist : $(DISTVNAME).tar$(SUFFIX) uuencode
$(DISTVNAME).tar$(SUFFIX) $(DISTVNAME).tar$(SUFFIX) >
$(DISTVNAME).tar$(SUFFIX)_uu$(DISTVNAME).tar$(SUFFIX) : distdir $(PREOP)
$(TO_UNIX) $(TAR) $(TARFLAGS) $(DISTVNAME).tar $(DISTVNAME) $(RM_RF)
$(DISTVNAME) $(COMPRESS) $(DISTVNAME).tar $(POSTOP)zipdist :
$(DISTVNAME).zip $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)$(DISTVNAME).zip : distdir $(PREOP) $(ZIP)
$(ZIPFLAGS) $(DISTVNAME).zip $(DISTVNAME) $(RM_RF) $(DISTVNAME)
$(POSTOP)shdist : distdir $(PREOP) $(SHAR) $(DISTVNAME) > $(DISTVNAME).shar
$(RM_RF) $(DISTVNAME) $(POSTOP)# --- MakeMaker distdir section:distdir :
metafile metafile_addtomanifest $(RM_RF) $(DISTVNAME) $(PERLRUN)
"-MExtUtils::Manifest=manicopy,maniread" \  -e
"manicopy(maniread(),'$(DISTVNAME)', '$(DIST_CP)');"# --- MakeMaker
dist_test section:disttest : distdir cd $(DISTVNAME) && $(ABSPERLRUN)
Makefile.PL cd $(DISTVNAME) && $(MAKE) $(PASTHRU) cd $(DISTVNAME) && $(MAKE)
test $(PASTHRU)# --- MakeMaker dist_ci section:ci : $(PERLRUN)
"-MExtUtils::Manifest=maniread" \   -e "@all = keys %{ maniread() };" \   -e
"print(qq{Executing $(CI) @all\n}); system(qq{$(CI) @all});" \   -e
"print(qq{Executing $(RCS_LABEL) ...\n}); system(qq{$(RCS_LABEL)
@all});"# --- MakeMaker install section:install :: all pure_install
doc_installinstall_perl :: all pure_perl_install
doc_perl_installinstall_site :: all pure_site_install
doc_site_installinstall_vendor :: all pure_vendor_install
doc_vendor_installpure_install :: pure_$(INSTALLDIRS)_installdoc_install ::
doc_$(INSTALLDIRS)_installpure__install : pure_site_install $(NOECHO)
$(ECHO) INSTALLDIRS not defined, defaulting to INSTALLDIRS=sitedoc__install
: doc_site_install $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) INSTALLDIRS not defined, defaulting to
INSTALLDIRS=sitepure_perl_install :: $(NOECHO) $(MOD_INSTALL) \  read
$(PERL_ARCHLIB)\auto\$(FULLEXT)\.packlist \  write
$(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB)\auto\$(FULLEXT)\.packlist \  $(INST_LIB)
$(DESTINSTALLPRIVLIB) \  $(INST_ARCHLIB) $(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB) \
$(INST_BIN) $(DESTINSTALLBIN) \  $(INST_SCRIPT) $(DESTINSTALLSCRIPT) \
$(INST_MAN1DIR) $(DESTINSTALLMAN1DIR) \  $(INST_MAN3DIR)
$(DESTINSTALLMAN3DIR) $(NOECHO) $(WARN_IF_OLD_PACKLIST) \
$(SITEARCHEXP)\auto\$(FULLEXT)pure_site_install :: $(NOECHO) $(MOD_INSTALL)
\  read $(SITEARCHEXP)\auto\$(FULLEXT)\.packlist \  write
$(DESTINSTALLSITEARCH)\auto\$(FULLEXT)\.packlist \  $(INST_LIB)
$(DESTINSTALLSITELIB) \  $(INST_ARCHLIB) $(DESTINSTALLSITEARCH) \
$(INST_BIN) $(DESTINSTALLSITEBIN) \  $(INST_SCRIPT) $(DESTINSTALLSCRIPT) \
$(INST_MAN1DIR) $(DESTINSTALLSITEMAN1DIR) \  $(INST_MAN3DIR)
$(DESTINSTALLSITEMAN3DIR) $(NOECHO) $(WARN_IF_OLD_PACKLIST) \
$(PERL_ARCHLIB)\auto\$(FULLEXT)pure_vendor_install :: $(NOECHO)
$(MOD_INSTALL) \  read $(VENDORARCHEXP)\auto\$(FULLEXT)\.packlist \  write
$(DESTINSTALLVENDORARCH)\auto\$(FULLEXT)\.packlist \  $(INST_LIB)
$(DESTINSTALLVENDORLIB) \  $(INST_ARCHLIB) $(DESTINSTALLVENDORARCH) \  $(INS
T_BIN) $(DESTINSTALLVENDORBIN) \  $(INST_SCRIPT) $(DESTINSTALLSCRIPT) \
$(INST_MAN1DIR) $(DESTINSTALLVENDORMAN1DIR) \  $(INST_MAN3DIR)
$(DESTINSTALLVENDORMAN3DIR)doc_perl_install :: $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) Appending
installation info to $(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB)/perllocal.pod -$(NOECHO)
$(MKPATH) $(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB) -$(NOECHO) $(DOC_INSTALL) \  "Module"
"$(NAME)" \  "installed into" "$(INSTALLPRIVLIB)" \  LINKTYPE "$(LINKTYPE)"
\  VERSION "$(VERSION)" \  EXE_FILES "$(EXE_FILES)" \  >>
$(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB)\perllocal.poddoc_site_install :: $(NOECHO) $(ECHO)
Appending installation info to
$(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB)/perllocal.pod -$(NOECHO) $(MKPATH)
$(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB) -$(NOECHO) $(DOC_INSTALL) \  "Module" "$(NAME)" \
"installed into" "$(INSTALLSITELIB)" \  LINKTYPE "$(LINKTYPE)" \  VERSION
"$(VERSION)" \  EXE_FILES "$(EXE_FILES)" \  >>
$(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB)\perllocal.poddoc_vendor_install :: $(NOECHO) $(ECHO)
Appending installation info to
$(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB)/perllocal.pod -$(NOECHO) $(MKPATH)
$(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB) -$(NOECHO) $(DOC_INSTALL) \  "Module" "$(NAME)" \
"installed into" "$(INSTALLVENDORLIB)" \  LINKTYPE "$(LINKTYPE)" \  VERSION
"$(VERSION)" \  EXE_FILES "$(EXE_FILES)" \  >>
$(DESTINSTALLARCHLIB)\perllocal.poduninstall ::
uninstall_from_$(INSTALLDIRS)dirsuninstall_from_perldirs :: $(NOECHO)
$(UNINSTALL)
$(PERL_ARCHLIB)\auto\$(FULLEXT)\.packlistuninstall_from_sitedirs ::
$(NOECHO) $(UNINSTALL)
$(SITEARCHEXP)\auto\$(FULLEXT)\.packlistuninstall_from_vendordirs ::
$(NOECHO) $(UNINSTALL) $(VENDORARCHEXP)\auto\$(FULLEXT)\.packlist# ---
MakeMaker force section:# Phony target to force checking
subdirectories.FORCE: $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)# --- MakeMaker perldepend
section:PERL_HDRS = \ $(PERL_INC)/EXTERN.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/INTERN.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/XSUB.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/av.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/cc_runtime.h \
$(PERL_INC)/config.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/cop.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/cv.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/dosish.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/embed.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/embedvar.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/fakethr.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/form.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/gv.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/handy.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/hv.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/intrpvar.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/iperlsys.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/keywords.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/mg.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/nostdio.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/op.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/opcode.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/patchlevel.h \ $(PERL_INC)/perl.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/perlio.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/perlsdio.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/perlsfio.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/perlvars.h
\ $(PERL_INC)/perly.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/pp.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/pp_proto.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/proto.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/regcomp.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/regexp.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/regnodes.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/scope.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/sv.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/thrdvar.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/thread.h  \ $(PERL_INC)/unixish.h  \
$(PERL_INC)/util.h$(OBJECT) : $(PERL_HDRS)Mytest.c : $(XSUBPPDEPS)# ---
MakeMaker makefile section:$(OBJECT) : $(FIRST_MAKEFILE)# We take a very
conservative approach here, but it's worth it.# We move Makefile to
Makefile.old here to avoid gnu make looping.$(FIRST_MAKEFILE) : Makefile.PL
$(CONFIGDEP) $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "Makefile out-of-date with respect to $?"
$(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile..."
$(NOECHO) $(RM_F) $(MAKEFILE_OLD) $(NOECHO) $(MV)   $(FIRST_MAKEFILE)
$(MAKEFILE_OLD) -$(MAKE) -f $(MAKEFILE_OLD) clean $(DEV_NULL) || $(NOOP)
$(PERLRUN) Makefile.PL  $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "==> Your Makefile has been
rebuilt. <==" $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "==> Please rerun the make command.  <=="
false# --- MakeMaker staticmake section:# --- MakeMaker makeaperl
section ---MAP_TARGET    = perlFULLPERL      =
C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe$(MAP_TARGET) :: static $(MAKE_APERL_FILE) $(MAKE) -f
$(MAKE_APERL_FILE) $@$(MAKE_APERL_FILE) : $(FIRST_MAKEFILE) $(NOECHO)
$(ECHO) Writing \"$(MAKE_APERL_FILE)\" for this $(MAP_TARGET) $(NOECHO)
$(PERLRUNINST) \  Makefile.PL DIR= \  MAKEFILE=$(MAKE_APERL_FILE)
LINKTYPE=static \  MAKEAPERL=1 NORECURS=1 CCCDLFLAGS=# --- MakeMaker test
section:TEST_VERBOSE=0TEST_TYPE=test_$(LINKTYPE)TEST_FILE =
test.plTEST_FILES = t\Mytest.tTESTDB_SW = -dtestdb :: testdb_$(LINKTYPE)test
:: $(TEST_TYPE)test_dynamic :: pure_all $(FULLPERLRUN)
"-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness($(TEST_VERBOSE), '$(INST_LIB)',
'$(INST_ARCHLIB)')" $(TEST_FILES)testdb_dynamic :: pure_all $(FULLPERLRUN)
$(TESTDB_SW) "-I$(INST_LIB)" "-I$(INST_ARCHLIB)" $(TEST_FILE)test_ :
test_dynamictest_static :: pure_all $(MAP_TARGET) ./$(MAP_TARGET)
"-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness($(TEST_VERBOSE), '$(INST_LIB)',
'$(INST_ARCHLIB)')" $(TEST_FILES)testdb_static :: pure_all $(MAP_TARGET)
/$(MAP_TARGET) $(TESTDB_SW) "-I$(INST_LIB)" "-I$(INST_ARCHLIB)"
$(TEST_FILE)# --- MakeMaker ppd section:# Creates a PPD (Perl Package
Description) for a binary distribution.ppd: $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "<SOFTPKG
NAME=\"$(DISTNAME)\" VERSION=\"0,01,0,0\">" > $(DISTNAME).ppd $(NOECHO)
$(ECHO) "    <TITLE>$(DISTNAME)</TITLE>" >> $(DISTNAME).ppd $(NOECHO)
$(ECHO) "    <ABSTRACT>Perl extension for blah blah blah</ABSTRACT>" >>
$(DISTNAME).ppd $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "    <AUTHOR>A. U. Thor
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</AUTHOR>" >> $(DISTNAME).ppd
$(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "    <IMPLEMENTATION>" >> $(DISTNAME).ppd $(NOECHO)
$(ECHO) "        <OS NAME=\"$(OSNAME)\" />" >> $(DISTNAME).ppd $(NOECHO)
$(ECHO) "        <ARCHITECTURE NAME=\"MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.8\" />" >>
$(DISTNAME).ppd $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "        <CODEBASE HREF=\"\" />" >>
$(DISTNAME).ppd $(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "    </IMPLEMENTATION>" >> $(DISTNAME).ppd
$(NOECHO) $(ECHO) "</SOFTPKG>" >> $(DISTNAME).ppd# --- MakeMaker pm_to_blib
section:pm_to_blib: $(TO_INST_PM) $(NOECHO)
$(PERLRUN) -MExtUtils::Install -e "pm_to_blib({@ARGV}, '$(INST_LIB)\auto',
'$(PM_FILTER)')"\   lib/Mytest.pm blib\lib\Mytest.pm  $(NOECHO) $(TOUCH)
$@# --- MakeMaker selfdocument section:# --- MakeMaker postamble section:#
End.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/