Subject: Re: dvips failing to include cmdunh10 font definition
From: "Tim Reid" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:38:56 +0000

>How does pdflatex look like?

Good question. I've not used pdflatex before, so I can't be sure whether
I'm doing this right:

======================================================================
$ pdflatex bug1
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.14159-1.10b (Web2C 7.4.5)
%&-line parsing enabled.
(./bug1.tex{/usr/share/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}
LaTeX2e <2001/06/01>
Babel <v3.7h> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, 
ngerman, n
ohyphenation, loaded.
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2001/04/21 v1.4e Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/size10.clo)) (./bug1.aux)
Overfull \hbox (77.74681pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 13--14
[]/cmtt10/dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software 
(www.radicaleye.co
m)
[1
Warning: pdflatex (file pdftex.map): cannot open font map file
] (./bug1.aux) )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Warning: pdflatex (file cmtt10): Font cmtt10 at 1200 not found

Warning: pdflatex (file cmdunh10): Font cmdunh10 at 1200 not found

Warning: pdflatex (file cmr10): Font cmr10 at 1200 not found
Output written on bug1.pdf (1 page, 1325 bytes).
Transcript written on bug1.log.
======================================================================

It looks as if it's not finding any of the font definitions. Perhaps
unsurprisingly, I just get a PDF file which gives font errors when I
try to load it, and then gives a blank page.

Should I have some environment variables set up?

Tim Reid

_________________________________________________________________
It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! 
http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/