Subject: Re: read(): varblk tape records...(& Fix for : read())
From: "Jason Winter" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:56:07 +0000

Hi Corinna,

>>If read() turns out to need a change, could you also check why I need to 
>>set varblk mode before each write to remind the API what's going on - from 
>>what I remember a second write returns an error unless I reset varblk mode 
>>each time.  (I call a routine to set to before each read and write, just 
>>to be sure... but would like to know that all the extra code can be 
>>removed at some time later.)
>
>Please provide a brief test case to reproduce that problem.  I don't see
>that happening.
>
>Corinna

I'm not sure I can, you see: in fixing read, my original failed execution 
now works.  It was a write, backspace, read, write - where the second write 
fails.  Is it possible that calling:

    rc = ioctl (fh, MTIOCTOP, (char*)&opblk);

simply resets the error (generated by the old read() routine) and that's why 
I thought it needed it?

Thanks for fixing the main issue, your support is very good and welcome!
Jason.

_________________________________________________________________
Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to  
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/default.asp

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/