Subject: read(): varblk tape records...(& Fix for : read())
From: "Jason Winter" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:51:04 +0000

Hi Corinna,

Rereading the MSDN: Q161338 document I refered to before, Cygwin will need 
to use a minimum 128KB buffer when 'reading' data from tapes - the NT 
specification doesn't allow access to the 'last bytes' in a variable-block 
any other way.  128KB allows for any SCSI device under windows.

(I noticed there was a memcpy for each ReadFile call - so I assume CygWin 
uses its own internal buffers, which may or maynot be large enough for tape 
support.)
Jason.

_________________________________________________________________
SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here  
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/