Subject: Re: what's the software for making slide under cygwin, please?
From: Gregory Borota <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Chen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 00:14:29 -0600

PLEASE, configure your email client not to show email addresses in 
reply!!! (or if you can't take this off list)

I work with xemacs (under cygwin) and yap (I can give you nice pointers 
on how to configure them so that you can get real WYSIWYG). I don't like 
Lyx, LaTeX is so nice and intuitive that IMHO you don't need something 
like that to stand in the way (I don't think LyX would even work with 
slides but maybe latest versions are different from what I know LyX to be).

Look, I try to set up a group for help, discussion, etc. about (La)Tex 
under cygwin and Windows. If you join in you will automatically get all 
those pointers on how to set this up. The group is found at 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wintex/ (you need to  have or create a 
Yahoo account to join)

IMO no commercial package can come even nearer to what you can get with 
cygwin and miktex and all the other packages I mention in the document 
you can get when you join.

Greg

You wrote on 3/1/2004 11:27 PM:

> Dear Greg,
> 
> Thanks for the reply. What I really want is something to make presentation
> slides in seminar, something like Lyx, which is the drive for me to install
> cygwin-:)
> 
> Any ideas?
> 
> Best regards,
> Michael Chen

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/