Subject: rxvt man page is garbled
From: Keith Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Keith Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:56:39 -0800

The man page for the "rxvt" command is garbled.

I have rxvt-2.7.10-4 (the latest).  "man rxvt" shows:

    .YODLTAGSTART.  roffcmd  .SH  "NAME"  .YODLTAGEND.  rxvt (ouR
XVT) - a VT102 emulator for  the  X  window  system.YODLTAGSTART.
roffcmd .PP .YODLTAGEND.

    .YODLTAGSTART. roffcmd .SH "SYNOPSIS" .YODLTAGEND.  rxvt [op-
tions] [-e command [ args ]].YODLTAGSTART. roffcmd  .PP  .YODLTA-
GEND.
[snip]

and writes the following to stderr:

grotty:<standard input>:6: character above first line discarded

The /usr/man/man1/rxvt.1 file contains a number of ".YODLTAGSTART"
directives.

YODL appears to be a document language from which man pages can be
generated; Google for details.

-- 
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) [email-masked]  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
Schroedinger does Shakespeare: "To be *and* not to be"

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/