Subject: handling cvs ssh2 passwd prompt
From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:48:05 +0000 (GMT)

I'm using cygwin base 1.5.7-1 and uptodate cygwin cvs and ssh
installs. When I attempt a cvs transaction with sourceforge via:

export CVS_RSH=ssh2
cvs -z3 -d:ext:[email-masked]:/cvsroot/project co project

I have trouble with the resulting:
name's password:
password request.

If I run those commands in a terminal window in the shared X server
window started with startx, the password request appears in the
initial cygwin window.

If I run those commands in a terminal window in a Windows
window started from startxwin.bat, I don't know where the password
request is sent to.

Any hints? It seems to be an oddity in handling/redirecting stdout/in.

thanks,

L.

CVS 1.11.6
OpenSSH_3.7.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7c 20 Sep 2003

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><[email-masked]>

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/