Subject: Re: Crash of mysql under cygwin with g++ 3.3.1
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Fabrice Marchal <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:21:18 +0100

Hallo Fabrice,

Am Sonntag, 29. Februar 2004 um 12:11 schriebst du:

> Hallo Gerrit,

> thanks a lot for your help, now I have it working properly, with a 
> statically
> linked client and I only need to tell users to use the cygwin1.dll.

> I only had to do a small work-around because my client keeps telling me
> that it
> "cannot connect through /var/mysql/mysql.sock". The workaround is
> to use mysql_real_connect with host=127.0.0.1 because if I use
> "localhost" it turns to named pipes instead of using TCP. Any idea why it
> is that way?

No, sorry.  It never worked with TCP/IP when using host=localhost, I
always use the IP address of the host where the server is running,
only exception is when I use the Cygwin-MySQL server running at my
local box where it also works via /var/mysql/mysql.sock.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/