Subject: Re: Disappearing Bash and __getreent procedure
From: Alejandro Lopez-Valencia <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:08:03 -0500

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 00:14:38 +0000, Ryan _ wrote in
<[email-masked]>:

>Cygwin, a window appeared (looked like a dos prompt) then disappeared. 

My suggestion. Delete the whole cygwin directory, save up your copy of
setup.exe, nuke the cached files, use regedit and search all
KH*/Programs/Cygnus trees in the registry and kill them. Reinstall
from the internet afresh.

>So I ran ssh-host-config and 
>then tried to run "cygrunsrv --start -sshd" and I get an error box entitled, 
>"sshd.exe - Entry Point Not Found" with the error, "The procedure entry 
>point __getreent could not be located in the dynamic link library 
>cygwin1.dll." When I looked that up, I saw that that was an error in older 
>version of the dll (great.).

Make sure to add the path <bootdisk>\<path to cygwin>\bin directory to
the system path (not the user path, the system path, if you are using
a Windows NT flavor).

>So I'm a bit stuck as to how to proceed.
>
>I just want openssh ... is that so hard?

Perhaps you had a "bad-hair" day?

Alejo

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/