Subject: Re: SSH
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:19:15 -0800

Tim Ashman wrote:

> I'm trying to use a ssh command on my Cygwin platform to connect to a local
> machine on my network. I'm just a beginner with Cygwin and need some
> pointers into setting this up. I don't have ssh or sshd in my /bin
> directory. I haven't been able to find anything related on the download page
> and haven't had any luck searching the mailing list archives. Any tips? I
> apologize for such a broad question.

As with any package, run Cygwin's setup.exe, then select and install
'openssh'.  Then read "man ssh", "man ssh_config", "man ssh-keygen", as
well as any relevant documents in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.* and/or
/usr/share/doc/openssh/*.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/